Glowing skin is always in! Unfortunately as we age our skin begins to lack radiance and becomes more dull over the years – but achieving luminous-looking skin doesn’t have to be difficult. Adding a few simple changes to your skincare and makeup routine can result in beautiful, glowing skin from head to toe!
1. Adding hyaluronic acid into your skincare (and makeup) routine is one of the easiest ways to achieve glowing skin. Our skin actually produces its own hyaluronic acid, but as we age and the more exposed we are to pollutants and the sun, the levels we produce decrease. By applying it topically we can help deliver hydration where our skin needs it most. Incredibly, it can retain over 1000 times its weight in water, which is exactly how it packs such a powerful hydrating punch when it comes to helping skin cells stay plump, smooth, strong and ultimately youthful.
2. Removing the build-up of dead skin cells, dehydration and day-to-day grime can also be the answer to radiant skin, revealing brighter and more even-textured skin underneath. Adding a liquid exfoliator can help to eliminate this dull skin and make way for clean and healthy new skin.
3. You may also want to consider introducing Vitamin C into your beauty routine – it really is a hero product for mature skin! It’s an antioxidant so it helps to protect your skin against environmental aggressors, as well as reducing hyperpigmentation, the appearance of dark circles and boosting collagen production.
4. Finally, a good night’s sleep is also key to a glowing complexion. However, if like me a full eight hours seems to elude you, there are other ways you can create the illusion of a glowing complexion. My favourite way of adding a luminous touch to my makeup routine is by mixing a radiance creme or luminizer with foundation to create a gorgeous lit-from-within glow.
If you are on the hunt for the perfect glow-boosting kit, my Get Your Glow On Kit is the one for you! This 3-piece set contains everything you will need to effortlessly add a truly flattering glow to any makeup look – at home and on the go!
How to Use Get Your Glow On Kit:
- Apply Perfect Bronze Glow-Plexion on bare, moisturised skin, or mix with foundation or moisturiser. Alternatively, apply over makeup to cheekbones, top of forehead, temples and bridge of nose and blend using the Double Ended Face Brush.
- Sweep Lip Perfecting Balm Gloss over lips, following the natural contour, for instant colour, gloss and an enviable shine.
Grace Fodor – PRO AGE warrior, Beauty Expert & Founder of Studio10. Passionate about challenging outdated stereotypes, anti-ageing and ageism to celebrate age. Providing education on how to apply makeup for older women.