Spring is the perfect time to refresh your makeup routine and try out new looks. With the changing of the seasons comes a desire to experiment with brighter colours and lighter textures.
For mature women and those over 40, the focus is on enhancing your natural beauty while incorporating age-appropriate makeup techniques. The key is to use products that hydrate the skin and provide a subtle, yet radiant glow.
Here my tips to achieve flawless spring makeup:
Moisturise: Use a good moisturiser to hydrate your skin before applying any makeup. I like Ark’s Age Defend Replenishing Moisturiser, packed with hydrating and plumping ingredients to boost firmness, elasticity, and smooth the skin.
- Use a primer: A primer not only smooths and evens the texture of your skin, but it also adds a radiant glow to your complexion. Our Skin Lift Glow-plexion has a unique ‘binding technology’ for longlast wear, while boosting skin with a natural luminosity and lit-from-within radiance.
- Go for a light foundation: Opt for a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturiser instead of heavy foundation. To achieve the coverage of my liking without the heavy feeling of foundation, I love my Perfect Canvas Foundation because of its buildable lightweight formula and added SPF30 - perfect as the weather gets warmer.
- Conceal dark circles: Use a peach or orange-toned concealer to hide dark circles under the eyes. Our 4-in-1 Skin Perfector palette features both green and peach colour correctors to counteract discolouration, age spots, and dark circles.
- Choose the right blush: A peach or coral blush can give a natural-looking flush to your cheeks without making you look too made up. For a natural flush of colour, my holy grail is my Plumping Blush Glow-plexion, with a perfect balance of peach and pink tones to lift and brighten. It’s the perfect way to instantly boost the complexion.
- Use neutral eyeshadow shades: Stick to neutral eyeshadow shades like browns, taupes, and greys. When it comes to eyes, I like to have one product that does it all. The Visible Lift I-Radiance palette is perfect because of its combination of neutral mattes and brightening shimmers, as well as an eye primer.
- Define your brows: Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil or powder to define them and frame your face. Opt for an ash-toned brow pencil for the most natural-looking brows. Effortlessly shape and define with the dual-ended Brow Lift Perfecting Liner, complete with a buildable, smudge-free formula.
- Add some colour to your lips: Choose a lipstick or gloss in a bright, cheerful shade that complements your skin tone. A bright red or pink is a great way to add a pop of spring colour to any look. Our Lip & Cheek Tint in Poppy / EmpoweRED is my go-to bold as it’s ultra-wearable, everyday Red that suits all.